Signs of gum disease?

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: Swollen bleeding gum

There are several signs.
The two most obvious are swollen, bleeding gums. Other signs are bad breath and loose teeth. Any adult with these problems should see a dentist right away.

In brief: Swollen bleeding gum

There are several signs.
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Don Millner
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Bleed when flossed!

Obviously swollen bleeding gums are signs of gum disease, however if you never disturb those areas with flossing or proper brushing you will never see them bleed! so.
..Tender bleeding gums that bleed when flossed and to a lesser extent with properly brush are the primary signs that you gum issues. Oh, if you are not flossing daily, it doesn't work!

In brief: Bleed when flossed!

Dr. Don Millner
Dr. Don Millner

In brief: Multiple signs

Gum disease in it's early stages is painless and may involve nothing more than red gum tissue and maybe a little bleeding.
As it progresses, even the bone loss associated with it is painless. Again, the symptoms seem harmless- red and sometimes bleeding gums. The pain, pus, abscesses, loose teeth all occur at the end stages. The best action is to see your dentist routinely and good homecare!

In brief: Multiple signs

Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
You're welcome! I always tell my patients that knowledge is power. The more you understand about your condition, the better you are at seeking out professional help and taking charge of what you need to do in orderto effect positive change!
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dentistry

In brief: Bleeding gums

There are many signs of gum disease.
Signs may include bleeding gums, pus coming from gums, swollen gums, painful gums, loose tooth or teeth.

In brief: Bleeding gums

There are many signs of gum disease.
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dr. Rod Zimmerman
Dr. John Francis
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Bleeding

Bleeding when you floss or brush is the biggest symptom. Gums could be red, swollen, there may be an odor..
.

In brief: Bleeding

.
Dr. John Francis
Dr. John Francis
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Bleeding

To a patient, bleeding when you brush and floss.
To a periodontist, the above plus, bleeding on probing and bone loss on dental x-rays.. Don't wait until it hurts!

In brief: Bleeding

Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Gregory LaMorte
Dr. Peter Kurzweil