I burned the inside of my arm on the inside of the oven door, what can I put on it to releive the pain?

Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care

In brief: Ice

To reduce the pain of a burn, it is necessary to reduce the temperature of the affected area.
If there is blistering, allow the blisters to remain intact as long as possible. Depending on the depth and degree of burn, topical antibacterial creams/ointments may be necessary. Infection may increase the severity of the burn.

In brief: Ice

Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Oven burn on arm

If the burn is large see your doctor. If small----one treatment to try is using silvadene (silver sulfadiazine) cream (over the counter).
Apply a light layer and then cover with a telfa bandage and tape on with paper tape. This will help with pain and help keep infection away. Change bandage once per day. If the pain worsens, the inflammation spreads, or pus forms on skin then you should see your doctor.

In brief: Oven burn on arm

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine