I have trouble walking from a sprained and fractured ankle. What can I do to speed up the rehabilitation?

Dr. Keyvan Ganz
Podiatry

In brief: Listen to your body.

If this is a recent injury, you need to be immobilized either in a cast or walking boot.
Once the fracture has healed on xray or is stable. Your doctor could order physical therapy. In order to speed up healing: rest, elevate, ice, ace wrap, and immobilization. The fact that it hurts means stop walking! check with your doctor to make sure the fracture is healing properly.

In brief: Listen to your body.

Dr. Keyvan Ganz
Dr. Keyvan Ganz
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

R.I.C.E. Rest, ice, compression, elevation.
Immobilization with a splint or brace may be of benefit in the initial phase of recovery. Oral anti-inflammatory medication may help with the pain and swelling. Once improved, mobilization and physical therapy can help restore strength and function. Healing times may vary.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat