Could the burning sensation in my feet be from my diabetes?

Possible neuropathy. Neuropathy can happen as a result of trauma, or nerve damage due to the consumption of alcohol or certain medications. Symptoms can range from a numbness and tingling sensation, possibly a burning sensation, to an uncomfortable painful sensation of the extremities. Get evaluated by a professional to determine the exact cause in order to get the appropriate treatment.
Maybe. If you have had regular check-ups with your doctor and have tested negative for diabetes in the recent past, then your symptoms are not likely from diabetes; it has to be present for many months or even years before any neuropathy occurs. See your doctor for complete evaluation.