I'm 42, had hystectomy in july, kept ovaries. Having sharp shooting pain occasionally left breast. Quite sure it is in breast and not chest. Causes?

Do a mammogram. Get breast examined to rule out any pathology do a mmmogram if all well then it is muscular pain take motrin.
Depends . Before you make a self diagnosis and rule out potential causes, why not have yourself examined by your doctor. Aside from obtaining your history an objective physical exam by your doctor is most appropriate. Depending on what your doctor finds then the appropriate differential diagnosis and laboratory test will be ordered and will be helpful in either ruling in or out potential causes.