I take l-lysine supplements for coldsores & have been having very vivid dreams lately. The only thing i can think of is taking the supps before bed.

Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Herpes

Cold sores are herpes.
It is recommended that you use Acyclovir for this. I favor valtrex (valacyclovir). @ grams twice a day for 1 day is the recommended treatment. While lysine s supplements won't hurt, its not really going to help either.

In brief: Herpes

Cold sores are herpes.
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Dominic Riganotti
Dr. Allen Lewis

In brief: Maybe...

Increased vivid dreams is usually associated with vitamin b6 or p5p supplementation, though it may cause a similar reaction for you.
A trail off and back on will help determine that. Actually, for adults and teens the use of l-lysine 500mg twice daily can be helpful for prevention of recurrent cold sores and 1000mg three times daily to help shorten an outbreak.

In brief: Maybe...

Dr. Allen Lewis
Dr. Allen Lewis