Fluconazole allergic reaction?

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Skin usually

Adverse reactions to Fluconazole are uncommon but can manifest in various ways, but usually involve skin reactions including mucus membranes like oral ulcers.
Other organ systems that can be affected include nervous, heart, muscle, eye and kidney. I just saw a young lady with second episode of severe mouth and vaginal symptoms after Diflucan (fluconazole) dose. It happens.

In brief: Skin usually

Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Michael Zacharisen
Dr. Tony Ho
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Possible

Possible but somewhat rare.
What is more likely is an adverse effect of Fluconazole - the difference is an allergic reaction is an escalating immune response, while an adverse reaction is an intolerance of the medication for other reasons. What were the symptoms?

In brief: Possible

Possible but somewhat rare.
Dr. Tony Ho
Dr. Tony Ho