I feel a gum graft is needed but it will not re-attach to a very long & front crown. It would form a "pocket". I do not show this area when smiling. ?

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: See the dentist.

Gum grafts are usually done for two reasons.
Either there is not enough of the "attached" gum present to protect the underlying bone from disappearing due to trauma or it is done for cosmetic reasons. Since you do not show this spot, i would only recommend it if you need more attached gum tissue.

In brief: See the dentist.

Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein
Dr. Alexandra Jaquery
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: What are pros n cons

Connective tissue graft is a great resource for root coverage.
But if what caused the recession was trauma from heavy bite (occlusion), you need to address that first, or else the graft will receede too!

In brief: What are pros n cons

Dr. Alexandra Jaquery
Dr. Alexandra Jaquery
Dr. Andrea Brand