What is the best way to get rid of acne if I'm allergic to creams containing benzoyl peroxide?

Acne treatments. Depending on the acne, your dermatologist may want you to start retin a, (tretinoin) differin, tazorac, sparingly and build up. You may need antibiotics by mouth depending on the lesions you have. Some sulphur based medicated creams are still prescribed.
Several options. For treatment of acne, over-the-counter salicylic acid is helpful for those unable to use benzoyl peroxide. If more help is needed, prescription retinoids such as Retin-A or differin gel can be used instead of salicylic acid. A doctor can add an antibiotic gel such as cleocin (clindamycin phosphate). Oral antibiotics such as tetracycline can be used also. If acne is quite severe, a dermatologist might use oral accutane.