Why would it be that after go in the sun I get these little tiny bumps that itch on my arms and legs?

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology

In brief: Sun rash

There are several photoallergic rashes.
Some related to medication, some seasonal that become better as the skin becomes more accustomed to the sun, and some related to pregnancy and others related to diseases such as liver disease, porphyria, etc. See a dermatologist.

In brief: Sun rash

There are several photoallergic rashes.
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: Photosensitivity

What you describe may be a skin rash known as polymorphous light eruption (pmle).
 this is an itchy rash caused by sun exposure in people who have become sensitive to sunlight (photosensitivity). The rash usually appears as red, tiny bumps or slightly raised patches of skin. The best thing to do is to see a dermatologist for evaluation. Treatment is usually only needed in severe cases.

In brief: Photosensitivity

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Peter Kurzweil