I have had these small and large bumps on the very back of my tongue for about a week now. I had oral sex 2 months ago, could it be an STD or no?

Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dentistry

In brief: Not likely, but...

Entirely possible.
More likely: the "bumps" are either circumvalate papillae-taste buds, or tonsil tissue. Though you can certainly contract an std from oral sex, it is impossible to tell without examination. If concerned, see your friendly neighborhood dentist.

In brief: Not likely, but...

Entirely possible.
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. Scott Bobbitt
Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Don't worry

If your tongue is not bothering you in any way then these bumps are most likely completely normal.
I can't tell you the number of patients I have seen who come in having looked at their tongue and think that these bumps are abnormal. The tongue has lots of bumps and almost all cases when the tongue doesn't hurt or cause you pain they are normal.

In brief: Don't worry

Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Raymond Traver
They are called Circumvallate Papilla and everyone has them. If they hurt and it lasts more than a week then see your doctor.

In brief: Yes ,it could be

It is possible to contract an std from oral sex.
You can also get it from kissing! if the person you were with has had past problems then he can transmit them to you many ways. Bumps may reflect outbreaks of a std first forming. Please consult your physician asap! tests and medication can help you! get checked now!

In brief: Yes ,it could be

Dr. Lawrence Grodin
Dr. Lawrence Grodin
Dr. Jane Van Dis