I am dealing with ctd, dysautonomia and ft job. My coworkers think that I should work late hours more than my peers because they have kids and i don't. I spent saturdayin bed, recovering. They know about my condition but they say I have no kids. What shou

Dr. Marc Wager

In brief: I don't like them!

I don't like your colleagues! my mother always says: "ya gotta look out for number one".
Is it worth helping everyone else if you'e going to pay for it by being exhausted the entire weekend? It's your choice. Do what you have to do to do an excellent job, but take care of yourself, as it obviously affects your physical and mental health, but remember what mom says: ya gotta look out for #1.

In brief: I don't like them!

Dr. Marc Wager
Dr. Marc Wager
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Push back

Disruptive work hours and altered sleep are a killer for people dealing with dysautonomia.
Don't give in, politely of course.

In brief: Push back

Don't give in, politely of course.
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. Ryan Cooley
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Discuss with your HR

You only have to work hours contracted, no matter what co-workers say.
More importantly, you are responsible for your own health. Co-workers can contract their own hours. Remain diplomatic & keep firm. Good luck.

In brief: Discuss with your HR

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Jonathan Jassey