Skin in backside of hand is dry and seems like I have cuts without even knowing it, is it cold weather?

Patch test. In addition to barrier repair creams which seal tecracks in the skin, the additional of essential fatt acids to the diet such as flaxseeds, evening primrose oil, or boar oil can e helpful. A chronic hand problem can also represent a contact dermatitis, sensitivity to chemicals you touch. Patch testing can determine if there is an allergic component.
Hand dryness. You should consider using hand lotion very frequently to maintain the integrity of the skin. Try to keep several containers in different locations so that you always have some available. If you do not need to, try not to wash your hands so frequently as this removes the natural oils that help maintain the skin integrity.