If I have on SPF 10 sunscreen and lay out in the sun, do I still have chances of geting skin cancer?

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: Yes but lower

My recommendation is that you visit www.
Skincancer.Org and find the link on sunscreens. Here you will find detailed information on sunscreens (types, correct use etc..). Sunscreens if used correctly are designed to provide protection to your skin from the harmful effects of uva & uvb by prolonging the time it takes for the skin to turn red (burn). The cancer risk is always there but minimized.

In brief: Yes but lower

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

Yes. You should limit your exposure to uv radiation.
There is no such thing as a healthy tan.

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

"laying out" is a bad idea.
Sun burns are worse than sun tans but basically, the more sun exposure you have the higher your risk of skin cancer. Be active, do what you love outdoors, but protect your skin and minimize exposure as best u can. Best wishes.

"laying out" is a bad idea.
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Marsha Davis