I recently attempted to shave my pubic are and now lots of red dots have popped up around my pubic area, is th?

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology
In brief: Shaving Folliculitis
Razor-burn folliculitis is what you seem to be describing.
Treatment involves stopping shaving with a razor for a few days to a few weeks and using antibacterial washes.

In brief: Shaving Folliculitis
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Danny Proffitt
In brief: Folliculitis
Shaving the pubic area has gained popularity over the past couple of decades.
When you shave an area not generally shaved, the hair follicles react, may ingrow and my get infected. Use cautions, use good hygiene and you may have to use some topical antibiotic cream. If you are concerned and it is worsening, do not hesitate to be seen by your pcp. Don't be embarrassed. They know and understand.

In brief: Folliculitis
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt