What to do if I just had stitches taken out of my nose today. What should I put on the incision to help it heal nicely?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Vitamin E oil

You can open vit e caps and squeeze the oil - helps strengthen scars.

In brief: Vitamin E oil

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: Let it heal!

I would recommend a thin layer of white petrolatum (vaseline) for another week until skin has healed over the areas where the sutures were removed.
Then let time do the rest. It takes a wound at least 16-18 months to be completely healed. I tell my patients that we wait a minimum of 6 wks to 6 months before deciding if any scar treatments (laser, dermabrasion) are needed.

In brief: Let it heal!

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Christopher Lynch

In brief: Mederma

An otc product, mederma, which is in a lotion formulation can improve cosmetic outcomes from scars when applied regularly for up to several months.

In brief: Mederma

Dr. Christopher Lynch
Dr. Christopher Lynch
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Vit E oil

Rubbing vitamin E oil on the scar will help to reduce it and lessen its appearance.

In brief: Vit E oil

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Adam Smith