I have this dark birthmark on my leg, and I want to know how I could get rid of or lighten the birthmark?

Dr. Jane Chung
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Ruby laser

It sounds like a cafe au lait spots.
It can be better with ruby or alexandrite laser but it tends to reoccur. But right diagnosis has to be done by dermatologist of course.

In brief: Ruby laser

It sounds like a cafe au lait spots.
Dr. Jane Chung
Dr. Jane Chung
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: See dermatologist

Without seeing it hard to comment.
In general pigmented birthmarks are removed by surgery (so you would be trading it for a scar). See a board certified dermatologist to have it checked and to discuss options.

In brief: See dermatologist

Without seeing it hard to comment.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Just be sure you are not a keloid former. you might be trading off for an uglier birthmark, sometimes it is best left alone, especially if it is not on the face!
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: See Dermatologist

Depending on the birthmark laser surgery could get rid of it and there are bleaching creams that will lighten some birthmarks.
This will be best determined when the dermatologist see it.

In brief: See Dermatologist

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Adam Smith