Hav a deep cough at night after I eat and in the morning, only seldom during the day. For over3weeks. Using veramist, coughdrops&sometimes nyquil. Suggest?

Possible GERD ... Gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd) involves movement of stomach contents back into your esophagus. Gerd can be "silent" in a substantial # of patients, manifesting with ear/nose/throat & lung problems without heartburn--like coughing after meals & on awakening due to acid & pepsin bathing the back of your throat. Depending on past eval, your doctor may suggest tests or trying acid blocker rx.
Possibly reflux. If you have a cough after meals and in the morning, you may be bringing up stomach acid into your esophagus or throat. This can be irritating to the esophagus and throat resulting in mucus formation and cough. Try sleeping with your head elevated and eating at least 3 hours prior to sleep. Also foods such as chocolate, fatty foods, caffeinated drinks and alcohol can also worsen this.