I have acne scar and hyper pigmentation. Where do I go to get rid of it and what type of treatment do I ask for?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Deramtologist
The vi peel is safe for any color skin and can lighten dark areas in one week.
It can be pre treated with bleaching agents containing hydroquinone, kojic acid or coffeberry extract. It will have an effect on scars, but fractionated laser will be required for a long term result for scarring.Either co2 or erbium are affective, but erbium is better tolerated by darker skin types.

In brief: Deramtologist
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Laser Specialist
When acne scars are associated with inflammatory pigment, it is usually best to get the pigment under control prior to treatment of the scars.
This can be done a variety of ways, using topical bleaching agents, sunscreen and light chemical peeling. Acne scars can then be treated using fillers, subcision and fractionated lasers. The choice of laser would depend on skin type and pigmentation.

In brief: Laser Specialist
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Brock Ridenour
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine