I sprained my ankle 5 weeks ago. I have not stopped walking or used crutches. Now, I have pain above the round bone on r of l foot when i walk. Ligament problem?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

Possible cause of your pain may include sprain, bursitis, fracture, or contusion, but of course there are a multitude of other possibilities.
Get the feet inspected by a professional to determine the cause of the problem, as treatment varies depending on the diagnosis.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Peter Gerbino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Possibly.

Sprained means different things to different people.
All sprains are torn ligaments. The severity varies. Most ankle sprains occur when you roll over onto the outside of the ankle. That would be the left side of the left foot. If you have bone pain on the inside (right) side of the left foot, that is less common. Sprains take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. I think you need an x-ray.

In brief: Possibly.

Dr. Peter Gerbino
Dr. Peter Gerbino

In brief: Could be

If pain is getting worse then you need to see a podiatist for evaluation.

In brief: Could be

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine