After my wife gets out of the shower , she itches all over, she thinks its the chlorine in the water, is it?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Iodine depletion

When there is insufficient iodine body uses chlorine, bromide and floride to make thyroid hormone that is inefficient - indirectly causing dry skin and itching - use iodine, Niacin and trptophan to reset this - you can use xenostat from qnlabs which while providing iodine also cleans this chemical and use neuro htp from biotics that had both Niacin and trptophan.

In brief: Iodine depletion

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: Aquagenic Pruritus

Your wife's itch could be due to a condition known as aquagenic pruritus.
Also there are some diseases in which bathing itch may be the presenting symptom (primary polycythemia or polycythemia vera). Aquagenic pruritus is not a discrete disease but a cluster of symptoms. I would see a board certified dermatologist for an evaluation and to help make the diagnosis.

In brief: Aquagenic Pruritus

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr

In brief: Probably

An easy fix to this is to go to the local health food store and buy a filtering shower head around $39 and the replacment cartridge is usually replaced every 4-6mths.
This will eliminate the chlorine and most other chemicals. It has definitely helped me with this same problem.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham