A scab just peeled off revealing a pink/red skin. What can I donow to a prevent a scar and help it blend in?

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology

In brief: Tincture of time

Always keep wounds scab free if possible by keeping them covered with white petrolatum (vaseline) or aquaphor ointment.
Your pink skin is what new skin looks like. I would protect the site from sun exposure and give it time to heal.

In brief: Tincture of time

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Sun screen

Wear sunscreen spf-15 or higher until the pinkness is all gone [takes months].

In brief: Sun screen

Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Harold Rosenfeld
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc

In brief: Don't mess with it

If the lesion is small and superficial (not deep), just leave it alone.
In most cases it will heal up without problem or a visible scar. The more you "mess" with it, by peeling the scab off or rubbing it, the higher the chance of it not healing well by leaving a scar or a visible blemish.

In brief: Don't mess with it

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine