Can degeneration and/or bone spurs in the cervical spine adversely effect the thyroid gland?

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: No

The degeneration of the cervical spine (neck skeleton) should have no effect on the thyroid gland.
The gland is separated from the spine by the trachea (windpipe) and esophagus (swallowing tube that transports food from mouth to stomach).

In brief: No

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: No!!!!!

Completely unrelated.

In brief: No!!!!!

Completely unrelated.
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Stanley Schwartz
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology

In brief: Absolutely not

The degeneration of the cervical spine (neck skeleton) has no effect on the thyroid gland.
Nor do the nerves from the cervical spine have some effect on the thyroid gland and or some effect your metabolism. I have heard this suggested by chiropractors but it is just not consistent with modern understanding of anatomy and physiology.

In brief: Absolutely not

Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Thomas Wright