How much amoxicillin 400mg should I give me son that weights 41 pounds and is 6 for strep?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Dose for strep

You can give him roughly 25 mg/kg per dose, twice daily dosing for 10 days.
If you have the 400 mg/5 ml suspension of amoxicillin, you could give him 6 ml (=480 mg) twice daily for 10 days. Make sure to give him the full 10 day course even if he is feeling well after a couple of days.

In brief: Dose for strep

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: How do you know?

Do you know it's strep? Has your child seen a doctor? When the doctor prescribed the Amoxicillin why didn't he/she give you a dosing schedule? In general, Amoxicillin is not commonly used for strep.
Public answers on healthtap aren't intended for individual treatment, prescription or diagnosis. I think it's best if you call the child's doctor who prescribed the medicine and ask for dose.

In brief: How do you know?

Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Cindy Juster