Can you let me know how many strokes/heart attacks happen in people with normal cholesterol and blood pressure levels?

Dr. Bart Denys
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Stroke MI

Great question! myocardial infarction in individuals with no cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, or obesity is very rare but can happen.
Stroke on the other hand is not uncommonly associated with blood cloths caused by certain heart rhythm abnormalities such as atrial fibrillation.

In brief: Stroke MI

Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Interesting question

I'll tell you what i know: the majority of people who have heart attacks have "normal" cholesterol which is why it pays to have a low cholesterol.
BP is different. There are several causes of stroke but the majority occur due to high blood pressure and keeping BP normal is the single most important thing to do to avoid one.

In brief: Interesting question

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine