Can you let me know how many strokes/heart attacks happen in people with normal cholesterol and blood pressure levels?

Dr. Bart Denys
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Stroke MI
Great question! myocardial infarction in individuals with no cholesterol, blood pressure, smoking, diabetes, or obesity is very rare but can happen.
Stroke on the other hand is not uncommonly associated with blood cloths caused by certain heart rhythm abnormalities such as atrial fibrillation.

In brief: Stroke MI
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bart Denys
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Interesting question
I'll tell you what i know: the majority of people who have heart attacks have "normal" cholesterol which is why it pays to have a low cholesterol.
BP is different. There are several causes of stroke but the majority occur due to high blood pressure and keeping BP normal is the single most important thing to do to avoid one.

In brief: Interesting question
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology