What to do if I have a high blood preasure and i'm only 18. Is there any kind of procedure I can lower it?

Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: High blood pressure
Weight loss if you are overweight can help lower blood pressure.
5% of people can have secondary hypertension. You need an evaluation looking for theses secondary causes.

In brief: High blood pressure
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
If it truly is high, you need some tests to determine if there is an unusual reason for the high blood pressure.
If it is just primary hypertension it would be treated with medications. If the elevation is very mild, life style changes such as eating less salt might help. Certain types of unusual hypertension can be cured with surgery., .

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Arnon Rubin