I had my last alcoholic drink 13 hours ago. I had to have a blood alcohol test at the hospital laboratory on the 13th hour. Will the alcohol show up?

Dr. Scott Diede
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Probably yes

Alcohol has an approximate detection time of 12-24 hours in urine in routine tests.
The detection time for alcohol depends upon the maximum level of blood alcohol content (bac) achieved and varies by individual. People who achieve intoxication of 0.10% bac are detectable about 8 hours after achieving that level. However, there are high sensitivity tests (etg) that can detect for days after.

In brief: Probably yes

Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Scott Diede
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Very low if 1 drink

If all you had was one drink, it is most likely that you will have fully metabolized the alcohol by that time.
If, however, the last drink was at the tail end of a drinking binge, there may be some residual alcohol in your system.

In brief: Very low if 1 drink

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Keegan Duchicela