What complications in the left ventricle of the heart are linked with anabolic steroid use?

Hypertrophy. While the results are not striking, studies of anabolic steroid users have shown a thicker left ventricle compared to non-using athletes. In some cases, this remains even when the steroid abuse stops. A condition called asymmetric ventricular hypertrophy, which can block one of the heart valves, as well as sudden cardiac death, have also been reported in abusers. If this is you, stop and get help.
Hypertrophy. Left vemtricular hypertrophy (thickening of the wall of the left ventricle) is asswociated with the use of anabolic steroids.That should be no suprise in that the skeltal muscle is also involved. Left ventricular hypertrophy is an independent risk factor for cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. There is also evidence that heart attacks even with normal arteries are more common with as use.