Why some die immediately when they have an heart attack while some survive, have a bypass and live on?

Sudden death. 10-25% of heart attack deaths are from arrhythmias that occur within the first few hours after occlusion of a coronary artery which is the cause of a heart attack. This is a huge reason to get a person to a hospital early in the course of a suspected heart attack.
Heart attack. Great question! pretty ugh luck of the draw. For almost 50% of people the first sign of heart disease will be sudden death... If you survive, the ultimate treatment will depend upon many factors... So it is very important to have yourself checked out before you have a dramatic event. It's a lot easier to change the oil then to rebuild the engine :-)).