Which vitamins and supplements are good for people who has high cholesterol and heart problems in the family?

Depends. It depends on what part of your cholesterol panel is high: fish oil, specifically dha and epa, have been shown to reduce triglycerides. They do not lower ldl, nor do they raise the HDL if the triglycerides are not elevated. Dha and epa may help reduce the risk of a second heart attack, but they haven't been shown to prevent the 1st one. Most vip: all fish oils have variable amounts of dha/epa.
Fish Oil. Fish oil since it helps decrease triglycerides. And vitamin D3 since it reduces vascular calcification.
Carnitine and B. Carnitine will lower triglycerides, increase hdl, provide energy for heart muscle b vitamin -b6 helps with gallbladder able to make and thin bile from cholesterol.