Do studies exist confirming use of fish oil for ADHD and bipolar?

Yes. Http://www. Psycheducation. Org/depression/meds/omega-3.htm. There's a study about fish oil. Also, the japanese eat the highest proportion of fish in their diet and have a low incidence of bipolar disorder. In my experience, 3-4 grams per day is needed for a few months before one notices much improvement. Severe cases of bipolar respond less well.
Very mixed data. Some studies have shown some benefit, others have shown no benefit. Most agree that fish oil should not be used as the only therapy, but in addition to more conventional treatments. Fish oil can potentially affect the body's ability to form clots, so it is recommended to stop it at least 2 weeks before any elective surgery or major dental procedure.
Yes, BUT. There are now multiple studies confirming use of fish oil in people with adhd and bipolar disorder. However, the studies show positive results with formulations high in epa but not with those high only in dha. (both epa & dha are components of fish oil that you can read on the label). Use a brand that's distilled to remove contaminants, and with a ratio of at least 2 epa/dha in least # of caps.