What are my chances of having a 2nd heart attack. Will I survive after 2years since my first heart attack?

Dr. Francis Uricchio
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Size
There are many things that determine survival after a heart attack.
One of the best predictors of survival is the size of the first heart attack. The amount of damage to the heart is reflected in the ejection fraction. The lower the ejection fraction, the worse the survival after the first heart attack. Other predictors include diabetes, cigarettes, hypertension, age, and coronary anatomy.

In brief: Size
Dr. Francis Uricchio
Dr. Francis Uricchio
In brief: Modest
Follow your instructions after first and reduce chance of another substantially! to return to near normal life expectancy for your age!

In brief: Modest
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine