Should I be concerned if lately I have had a difference of 50 between my systolic and dystolic blood pressure?

Dr. Sergio Schabelman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: No

Do you have hypertension? If you do: take your medicines If you don't: do not measure your BP unless you feel symptoms and then discuss it with your doctor

In brief: No

Dr. Sergio Schabelman
Dr. Sergio Schabelman
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Depends --

It would depend on your age, fluid status, meds, and on the actual numbers if they are accurate -- and know that most home or ambulatory BP machine (automated or manual) gives more accurate systolic measurements and less accurate diastolic measurements -.

In brief: Depends --

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine