Hello doctor .I'm19. I want to get rid of my genetic double chin by defining just the jawline.Is there any exercise i can do by my self for this issue?

Dr. Timothy Taft
Sports Medicine

In brief: No exercise.

Chewing gum or clinching your teeth won't provide spot reductions.
Fat distribution for any individual is genetically determined. While exercises can improve local tone they do not provide spot reductions. With exercise you can decrease the total amount of fat on your body but where that fat is laid down and where it is removed from is predetermined by your genetics. Sorry.

In brief: No exercise.

Dr. Timothy Taft
Dr. Timothy Taft
Dr. Nancy Mellow

In brief: Not really

If you are overweight, getting down to a normal weight would minimize the appearance of your double chin, since fat deposits would decrease everywhere.
Otherwise, there is no specific exercise that is likely to change your appearance. Some people are bothered enough by specific features like that to eventually consider plastic surgery (liposuction, etc).

In brief: Not really

Dr. Nancy Mellow
Dr. Nancy Mellow
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine