My son is 2.5 year old and i want him to be smart andhealthy. Which is the best food for him at this stage to make him physically and mentally strong?

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral
In brief: Lucky boy!
I should probably refer you to my daughters, because they, like you, are much more attentive to their sons' diets than i was to theirs.
However, i did teach, "eat when you're hungry; stop when you're full." introduce a variety of legumes (peas) & other vegetables early & model good food choices yourself at sit-down family meals. Avoid "fast"& pre-packaged foods, random snacking & sugary drinks.

In brief: Lucky boy!
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Linda Gromko
In brief: Healthy variety!
It's interesting, but many toddlers will self-select a healthy variety of foods if offered a range of different foods.
Toddlers need lots of nutrients - including good sources of protein - to help their brains and bodies grow. Eggs, chicken, cheese are good examples. Think of foods they can control - like vegetables dipped in hummus, or fruits with yogurt dips. Forcing toddlers doesn't work well!

In brief: Healthy variety!
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Linda Gromko
Dr. Dannielle Harwood
In brief: Veggies! Whole foods
Make sure that he is getting 5-8 servings of a variety of vegetables daily.
Avoid sugar and processed food as much as possible! whole foods such as sweet potatoes and brown rice are great sources of energy . Several servings per day of season fruits make healthy snacks and desserts!

In brief: Veggies! Whole foods
Dr. Dannielle Harwood
Dr. Dannielle Harwood
Dr. Shontae Buffington