Every time I have intercourse I have a fishy odor. What does it mean? Are there any over-the-counter treatments? Please help

Dr. Brian Nguyen

In brief: No OTC treatment

Sometimes disturbances to the natural bacteria in your vagina (douching, irregular bleeding, unprotected sex, etc) can allow abnl bacteria like Gardnerella to overgrow and cause a fishy odor. It's not sexually transmitted, but can be treated w/ Metronidazole(Flagyl)/Clindamycin/Boric Acid.
See your GYN for a prescription and be examined for other potential causes. Nothing urgent/dangerous though.

In brief: No OTC treatment

Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Brian Nguyen
Dr. Thalia Lopez

In brief: Fishy odor

What you describe is a pretty classic sign of bacterial vaginosis.
It requires a prescription of either a gel or an oral antibiotic. You will need to call your gyn.

In brief: Fishy odor

Dr. Thalia Lopez
Dr. Thalia Lopez
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham