I have really low blood pressure and I faint when I get shots. Could this be related?

Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: A blessing --
Yes -- you are more likely to feel dizzy or faint with a low baseline blood pressure -- having said that, low blood pressure is generally more of a blessing than a concern -- just make sure that you take care of your health like anyone else with exercise and healthy lifestyle -.

In brief: A blessing --
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
Dr. Gary Ritholz
Anesthesiology
In brief: Indirectly
I can't say for sure but either the pain of an injection or your watching it may cause what is called a vasovagal reaction.
This reaction causes a drop in heart rate which in turn causes a drop in blood pressure which causes a decrease in blood flow to the brain. In your case potentially starting with low blood pressure you may not tolerate any further drop.

In brief: Indirectly
Dr. Gary Ritholz
Dr. Gary Ritholz
Dr. Vicken Poochikian