My thighs have began to itch randomly and when i check, I have a huge bruise. I am a 4'11" active female , any ideas as to why this happens?

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran

In brief: See doctor

I do not think that your itching randomly and your bruise related to each other, but the bruise requires evaluation for any bleeding problems, platelets problems.
From the scratching.

In brief: See doctor

From the scratching.
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: Healing itches

Bruises may itch while they are in the process of healing so that is not a big deal.
The question is, are you having a lot of bruising that you do not realize is happening? If you bruise very easily you should mention is to your doctor at your next annual exam - or make an appt to discuss the bruising. They can test for bleeding disorders. Or you may just be active and banging yourself up -.

In brief: Healing itches

Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham