I had open heart surgery for a heart murmur and they put in a heart patch, is it okay for me to smoke?

Please. Please do not smoke! why go through such a procedure to only turn around and increase your risk of death again? Call 1800quitnow for help.
No. Smoking greatly increases your risk of heart attacks, stroke and lung cancer, so it's not okay for anyone to smoke. In addition smoking creates risk for other people who breath second-hand smoke, and children whose parents smoke are much more likely to take it up themselves. Your history of heart surgery might increase your risk from smoking, but that's not really the important issue for you.
NO! The surgery has nothing to do with it, but of course you should not smoke. Also please wear your seat belt and avoid jumping out of airplanes without a parachute. Sorry, just kidding.