I get this fluttering in my chest and sometimes my heart races for no reason. I am only 24. What could it be?

Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Rhythm problem
It is common even in young healthy persons for the heart to suddenly skip, beat to fast, or beat irregularly.
Although this may be a disturbing symptom, most of the time in people your age, it is benign. That said, you should see a doctor to get an EKG and confirm exactly what kind of irregular heart beat you are having and to see if treatment or further testing is needed.

In brief: Rhythm problem
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: PSVT
There are many possibilities but, statistically, the most likely diagnosis in a healthy young woman would be paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia.
A 24 hour or 30 day event monitoring exam would provide an accurate diagnosis. There are many treatments depending on the cause.

In brief: PSVT
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Peter Kurzweil