What are some tried and true ways to get adjusted to eating solid foods after having gastric bypass surgery?

Go slow. Gradually transition your diet. Start with soft food such as baked fish, eggs and canned vegetables. Transition to ground meats and eventually solid meat that you cut.Use small bites the size of peas.Pace yourself. Start at one ounce eaten over 10 min. A 3 ounce solid meal can take 30 min.You should be able to transition to a solid diet by 6 weeks, if not, you may need to have your pouch evaluated.
Go slow. You may want to slowly broaden the range of foods you eat after the surgery, starting with liquid diet and gradually introduce solid foods as you tolerate them - kind of like you do with a baby transitioning him from breast milk or formula to baby food and then to table food.
Go slow. Go slow. Eat small bites chew very well. Add new foods gradually, i recommend to my patients that the last thing to add is fresh fruits and vegetables.