Dealing w/lupus & constantly dealing w/dizzy spells lately.Getting worse &more frequent requiring higher doses of prenisone.Rheum & neuromd baffled.Rheummd is considering methotrexate.Might this help?

Dr. Elena Klimenko

In brief: You are what you eat

Obviously, your immune system is raved up against your own cells.
Something causes this abnormal stimulation. I always start with anti-inflammatory diet for my patients with RA as well as anti-inflammatory supplements.

In brief: You are what you eat

Dr. Elena Klimenko
Dr. Elena Klimenko
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: It could

This is based on the assumption that the dizziness is due to the systemic lupus erythematous.
You might need a better definition of the dizziness. And we are missing information on the data that says you have increased activity in the lupus. There are a variety of neurologic testing and imaging, as well as laboratory studies that my help. But always consider whether it is due to lupus or not.

In brief: It could

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Jane Van Dis