I run 2 miles 3 days a week and eat pretty healthy. How many calories should I be eating a day to lose weight?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: ExRx.net
You can use the calculator at exrx.
Net - best way is use your BMI and calculate BMR many scales will be able to give you this info. Once you know your BMR add 20% of BMR to your original BMR for sedentary life style 30%fir light workout, 40% moderate 50% heavy and 60% for strenuous workout to get your calorie requirement.

In brief: ExRx.net
You can use the calculator at exrx.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Weight loss
In general in healthy individuals without illness caused weight gain, you must burn off more calories everyday then the number you take in to lose weight.
You can google the calorie counts in foods and keep a journal as to the number of calories you are taking in. Then check on the amount of calories usually burning per day including your exercise. Losing weight gradually is the healthiest way.

In brief: Weight loss
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine