Everytime me and my boyfriend have sex I brake out in hives on my face real bad. Why is that?

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Hard to tell

Lots of things can contribute to that - both conditions specific to you, such as how you react to heat, blood pressure, or the changes in the nervous system during orgasm, to things specific to your boyfriend such as the proteins on the surface of his sperm, or trace amounts of medications he may be taking that are present in his ejaculate.
You need to see an allergist to help figure this out.

In brief: Hard to tell

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Steven Machtinger

In brief: Semen allergy

You may be allergic to a protein in his semen.
You can be skin tested for this. If you are using condoms or a diaphragm made of latex you might be having anaphylaxis to latex. This is a question best discussed by a well-trained allergist in your community.

In brief: Semen allergy

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham