9 doctors weighed in:

I get a really bad allergic reaction to cheap metal jewelery. How can I make it heal faster?

9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Brian Novick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
4 doctors agree

In brief: See your Dr.

If it is "really bad" then you will need prescription medication.
.Maybe oral and topical steroids

In brief: See your Dr.

If it is "really bad" then you will need prescription medication.
.Maybe oral and topical steroids
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Brian Novick
Thank
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
3 doctors agree

In brief: Nickel allergy

You have a contact dermatitis to one of the metals - this is almost always nickel.
A topical corticosteroid cream should help but the rash may still take a week or two to resolve. The over-the-counter corticosteroid is Hydrocortisone 0.5% or 1%. Use it 2-3x each day. Your doctor can prescribe more potent steroids. Obviously you should not wear any jewelry that causes such allergic reactions.

In brief: Nickel allergy

You have a contact dermatitis to one of the metals - this is almost always nickel.
A topical corticosteroid cream should help but the rash may still take a week or two to resolve. The over-the-counter corticosteroid is Hydrocortisone 0.5% or 1%. Use it 2-3x each day. Your doctor can prescribe more potent steroids. Obviously you should not wear any jewelry that causes such allergic reactions.
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Board Certified, Internal Medicine
47 years in practice
16M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors