I get a really bad allergic reaction to cheap metal jewelery. How can I make it heal faster?

Dr. Brian Novick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See your Dr.

If it is "really bad" then you will need prescription medication.
.Maybe oral and topical steroids

In brief: See your Dr.

.Maybe oral and topical steroids
Dr. Steven Machtinger

In brief: Nickel allergy

You have a contact dermatitis to one of the metals - this is almost always nickel.
A topical corticosteroid cream should help but the rash may still take a week or two to resolve. The over-the-counter corticosteroid is Hydrocortisone 0.5% or 1%. Use it 2-3x each day. Your doctor can prescribe more potent steroids. Obviously you should not wear any jewelry that causes such allergic reactions.

In brief: Nickel allergy

Dr. Peter Kurzweil