How will I know if the baby has "dropped? "

Descent. You may find that you feel a little different after your baby has dropped. Some pregnancy complaints may get worse, while others may improve. On the one hand, your baby will be taking up more room in your pelvis, so you'll probably find that you have to urinate even more often than before. You may get an uncomfortable feeling of pressure deep in your pelvis, feel increasing discomfort when you wal.
Depends! It is often hard to tell, especially with a first baby. Sometimes you have the sense of being able to breathe more easily. Other times you have more pressure or more difficulty walking. A few women say that they feel a sudden movement of the baby down into the pelvis. Some women don't ever know for sure.