What can I do if my husband is suffering from a severe case of seasonal allergies. How can we find out what he is allergic to?

Testing. He can have blood or skin tests to figure out specific allergies. Good luck!
See an allergist. Other providers offer blood testing, but that is expensive, insensitive, and misses a lot of allergies. Prick skin testing by an allergist is the best way to make the diagnosis.