I suffer from bad hayfever and I usually take pseudophedrine tablets. If I want to drink alcohol what will happen?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Probably not much
If you are healthy, without any significant blood pressure or heart issues and you drink in moderation you should be fine.

In brief: Probably not much
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Nothing
Pseudoephedrine is a stimulant in addition to its decongestant properties.
Alcohol is a depressant. The stimulant and depressant properties will likely cancel each other. The decongestant properties of pe will remain and the central nervous effects of alcohol will remain. Be cautious in combining... You may be more alert but you can still get just as intoxicated.

In brief: Nothing
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
If your allergies are bad enough that you are taking PE tablets frequently.. be seen by an allergist or an ENT. Your quality of life would really improve with better drugs that have fewer side effects. Immunotherapy may be a good option for you as well.
Dr. Steven Seres