I am allergic to cats and it poses a problem when visiting my mother-in-law who have cats..What can I do?

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: See an allergist
An allergist can prescribe a comprehensive plan for pre-treatment with medications prior to visiting your mother-in-law that should help you tolerate the cat exposure for the length of your visit.

In brief: See an allergist
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Brian Novick
In brief: Sorry it is an issue
Not to get invloved with your family problems.
It could be a valid excuse to go less.Just kidding..It depends what type of symptoms you develop and if you have other allergies...If they are mild you can try taking antihistamines a few days prior..Perhaps prescription nasal sprays as well...If you also have asthma it becomes more difficult and you should discuss it with your allergist. Good luck.

In brief: Sorry it is an issue
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Brian Novick
Dr. Arnon Rubin