Can taking wellbutrin (bupropion) and Zoloft and smoking cannabis cause serotonin syndrome? I've had a few panic attacks that I am worried may actually be ss

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Cannabis & serotonin

Cannabis can increase serotonin levels, and definitely should not be used with ssri's like zoloft (sertraline).
In fact if you've been struggling with depression and/or anxiety, using any additional drugs is a really bad idea.

In brief: Cannabis & serotonin

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Cannabis?

Cannabis can cause anxiety, panic attacks and even paranoia.
With the problems you have and the medications you take, maybe it would be best to not use cannabis? I would discuss this with your physician to come up with a plan to best address your concerns.

In brief: Cannabis?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology